Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Initial Research

Here are the ideas that we talked about in my group last class, but I didn't write here:

  • It was suggested to make it more fun would be to have when people don't believe you they "attack" you and you can't go back to the area where they were for awhile or else they will attack you again and your respect will go down.
  • Another suggestion some how got to being a sniper that killed political opponents rather than slander them, but that was quickly seen as too harsh after recent events.
  • We talked a bit about the madlib thing.  We are not sure if it will help get the message across or not.

Alright here is my initial research of my subject (political slander).  I am trying to focus this initial research on the actual topic and not games like it.  Any good research should start off with comics and cartoons I say so here are a few:

These comics were fun to look up.  I like the political jabs in them.  I would like my game to incorporate these, but I still want the player to be able to come up with their own words in these.  I was thinking maybe I could use some of these as mad libs and take out some of the words and those would be the ones that the user fills in.  I wish there was some way to incorporate the last comic in the game, but its more a visual then what its actually saying and you need two people talking.  Also, I'm not sure about having the real political issues in the slander.  There was a good amount of the comics that I had no idea what they were talking about, and I don't want my game turning out like that.

While doing my research I came upon this article:
I thought it was interesting because it is almost exactly what my game's agenda.  There are real life people out there doing what the player will be doing in my game and going around slandering the opponent to hide their own secrets.  Even at the local level!  People need to what the person in this article did and find out more about it.  Although the slander turned out to be true, the source was downgraded because of his history.

No comments:

Post a Comment