Sunday, February 6, 2011

Info. for Skin Cancer game

To get ready for Tuesday I wanted to come up with some ideas for the game as there wasn't much set in stone.  I tried to find simple things that people use to get their message across about skin cancer.  I found this web-site with informational little games on it.  Most of the games were just word games, but this game gave me an idea:
http://coolshade.tamu.edu/games2/toast.htm

In the game we could have different hats that people think will protect them against the sun.  They have to choose one and if they choose one that is not quite as good they are more likely to get skin cancer (but not as bad without a hat).

http://www.nursingcenter.com/library/JournalArticle.asp?Article_ID=1074082

This game I also thought was interesting.  This seems to have some research behind the game.  I'm not saying we should copy the game.  But in it there was some observations that after playing the game players picked on a More Info. button.

Here is a simple video I found about skin cancer whose idea we might want to incorporate:

Later I am going to look at the raycasting (I think that's what its called) that Russell talked about in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment