This weekend I have mostly been working on getting the shadows working. I now have the basic prefab done for a platform and shadow. The shadow has a BoxCollider which acts as the trigger. I had to make it so the trigger gets bigger and smaller if the platform is moving up and down (which was a little tricky). I also have it ready so I can have the player get damage in the sun, but not under the platforms. I have to see what Reilly did before a fully implement it (which I will see tomorrow). I also have some questions for tomorrow that I want to write down before I forget. These questions are mostly to see if we want to make the shadows more "dynamic":
1) Move shadow according to sun?
2) Does the solid shadow look ok? I couldn't make a gradient one that looked good
3) Can we detect how far away from the ground the platform is?
Pictures!
 |
| Shadows! |
 |
| Trigger changing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment