The first part of the level was influenced by a part of this photo:
The part I used was the red part in the front that the kids climb up to get to the top. It has those ridges that help the kids climb up. This was my interpretation of it in the game:
So in the above picture the player has to follow along under the shadow but avoid the obstacles. This is a very loose interpretation, but I thought it was fun. There is also another way to do this part and that is just jump on top of the block and just make sure you stay on. One thing that I found will need to be fixed is sometimes Alby gets stuck on the little obstacles. If he runs into it he sticks there.
The next part of the level involved what everyone thinks of with a playground- Monkey Bars! Here's how it works:
![]() |
| #1 The first part of this was get the sunscreen at the bottom of the stairs (which as already been picked up). Then be able to climb up the stairs as fast as you can before the sunscreen runs out. |
![]() |
| #2 Jump from monkey bar to monkey bar. The player wants to do this because this is where the shadows are. It's ok if they miss, but it could cause sun exposure. |
The last part of the level was influenced by this picture:
The thing that influenced me was the tube slides in the middle. I thought this would be really fun to have in the game. Here's how I put it in:
![]() |
| This picture shows the top of the slides. The player must choose the correct slide. If they pick the right one they come out the other end in a shadow, otherwise they come out in the sun. |
![]() |
| Here is Alby at the end of the slide |
I'm having a problem with a few things on this:
1) I don't know if I should have it pan across the slides as Alby goes down them. This will require some clever work with triggers, but I think I can do it.
2) I'm having a problem right now that when Alby gets to the bottom of the slide he can't move. I think it's a problem with the levels of depth. I need to talk to Ryan about this on Tuesday.
3) It would be nice if we could make the levels wider.
*Please remember this is a rough draft (this is not the final slide or models)






No comments:
Post a Comment