Saturday, March 26, 2011

What I've been working on. Spring Break edition

So over Spring Break I've been working on a few things:

1) We had a problem with the shadows reading that the player was in the sun if they thrashed beneath the shadow.  The problem was there because multiple shadows were overlapping.  Therefore, Alby would know he was in a shadow, but then he'd get the trigger that he just exited one (because another shadow had just passed by) so he would get a little bit of damage before he got the message that he was still in a shadow.  To fix this I put a shadow counter on Alby.  Every time he entered a shadow the counter would be incremented, and every time he exited a shadow the counter would be decremented.  The only time he starts taking damage again is if the counter is 0 (i.e. he's out of all shadows).

2) The next thing I worked on was something that Jordan discovered while making a level.  The sunscreen on the level can be picked up multiple times.  There are a few ways that we can fix this: a) not have the sunscreen disappear after you get it.  This means that you can get it as many times as you want, but you still have the same amount of time (it doesn't stack up) to get to the end of the level.  b) be able to pick up the sunscreen and have it disappear, but then we need to make sure that they reappear when the player dies.  I need to talk to my teammates to see what they think, but I made sure that both ideas can be done.

3) I talked a bit with Jordan about the level he made.  Apparently he was having troubles with the shadows.  I'm pretty sure I know why it's happening.  However, I was unable to look at it because it wasn't working on my computer.  So I will work on that when we get back from the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment