The next thing I worked on is to make it so our platform/shadow prefab were parented (so they were always together). This was really easy, but it will have to change a little bit if we have elevator platforms. The last thing I worked on took the longest amount of time and that was making it so you didn't have to always match up the shadow and the platform even if you raise or lower the platform. I did this by casting a ray from the platform until it hits the ground and then putting the shadow that distance away from the platform. It was hard to figure out how to just check if it hits the ground. We will need to make a prefab of the ground and put it on layer 8 (named Ground).
Pictures:
![]() |
| original platforms |
![]() |
| after moving just the platforms up |


No comments:
Post a Comment